Part-Time Design Intern
Apostrophe Reps is hiring a Part-Time (Paid) Design Intern to assist our visual brand team. This role reports directly to the Visual Brand Director and is responsible for a variety of creative tasks including asset management, website updates and social media design. This internship has the potential to grow into full-time employment with Apostrophe.
Please note that this is not a photography internship - this is a design internship. No onset opportunities.
Asset Collection and Management (50%)
- Ensure Apostrophe is up to date with the latest work from assigned artists
- This includes following up with agents & artists for upcoming projects & looking at the artists’ feeds to check up on posted new work
- Uploading assets to Trello to share the status of each project
- Send monthly update of images to full team to ensure team is informed of new work
- Uses monthly update to assist in developing monthly new work newsletter
- Upload the work to respective outlets i.e. Website, Shift, Vimeo
Website Updates (25%)
- Assist the visual team to ensure Apostrophe back-end website is frequently updated with incoming work
- Quarterly updates of headers and thumbnails for the artists
- Assist with yearly website overhauls
- Update the newsfeed with new work as it comes in
- Ensure approval of selects by uploading to Trello before posting online
Social Media (25%)
- Keep Instagram up to date as new works come in
- Designs social posts in InDesign for approval from Visual Brand Director and uploads to Iconosquare
- Develops new posts into stories that will link back to the artists overview
- Maintains community engagement by liking followers and brands in order to broaden Apostrophe’s reach
- Keep LinkedIn up to date
- Develops strategy for engagement
CORE COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Industry related experience
- Exceptional eye for design, with a particular focus on fashion photography
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Premier a plus
- Proficient in Wordpress and HTML, UI/UX understanding a plus
- Must be based in Los Angeles or New York City to work out of one of our offices
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE WOULD LOOK LIKE
- Keeping team informed and organized of new artists’ work
- Consistently updates website with new work
- Frequently posts on social media, increases overall engagement and manages community engagement
- Gives the VB team 50% of their time back to focus on other Apostrophe creative projects
- The belief that anything is possible with hard work
- Approach to business is warm and friendly
- Team-oriented, enjoy collaboration with and supporting co-workers
- Self-starter, recognize and seize opportunities
- Kind, approachable, coachable, and considerate
- Solution-oriented, take an active approach to solving an issue, inefficiency or dilemma
- Invested in developing and evolving as professionals in our industry
- Work hard and acknowledge each other when goals are achieved
- Comfortable with an ever-changing environment and list of priorities
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong understanding of professional norms when it comes to phone and email etiquette
Apostrophe is a Woman and Minority owned artist representation agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles. With equal emphasis on Creative and Professional, we bring a progressive, passionate and informed approach to representation.
Our artists are a phenomenally talented and diverse group of photographers, directors and stylists who work across a variety of established and emerging media. Across their unique styles and perspectives, they are united by their innovation, and their passion for their work.
Apostrophe is made up of a multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals, adept at translating our clients’ and artists’ needs and goals into exceptional work, bringing each and every project to a successful outcome. On every project we aim to exceed client expectations throughout the entire experience.
Apostrophe LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other legally protected characteristics.