Senior Producer - West Coast
MUST BE BASED IN LOS ANGELES
In office requirement of up to 3x a week, pending production calendar
As the Senior Producer on the West Coast, this role is responsible for managing all West Coast productions to ensure they are completed on time and within budget. Main duties involve seamless project management and executing successful productions when needed. Responsibilities include partnering with Apostrophe Artist Reps on all incoming West Coast productions, preparing estimates, liaising with the clients/artists, wrapping invoices, overseeing crew/vendor holds, creating call sheets, and running payroll.
This role reports to the CEO (Kelly Montez), works with fellow Apostrophe team members, and manages freelance Production Companies on a project basis.
- Partner with photo/motion on all incoming West Coast productions
- Maintain a running list of open productions, including a shared project calendar with deadlines
- Plan and designate project resources, assess pulling in outside production companies and freelance PM’s as needed
- Ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track
- Partner with Apostrophe Internal Producers to update and maintain production templates (production books, call sheets, etc) with current rules and guidelines
- Oversee all shoot production and client communication so that all projects run smoothly
- Be a creative problem solver to deliver the highest quality production possible
- Responsibilities include:
- Gathering and interpreting creative briefs and arranging calls
- Outlining costs with artists and inputting estimates into Blinkbid
- Assemble the appropriate teams - photographers/directors, crew, styling, set design, etc
- Negotiating rates and budgets with clients
- Enforcing production calendars
- Manage the production to make sure that all details are being executed in a professional manner consistent with Apostrophe’s reputation.
- Booking crew & talent, booking travel, managing castings, overseeing location scouting & permitting, creating call sheets, submitting payroll, and booking studios, equipment, and catering services.
- Has good rolodex of junior production team members to assist in project execution
- Track and maintain budgets
- Coordinate with the Apostrophe Finance Team to monitor advances and log any deposits
- Reconcile estimated budgets with actuals and prepping final invoices for final Finance review
- Collect, organize and submit vendor bills
- Reconcile production expenses including credit card and petty cash
- Log all final production fees and mark-up in Sales Reports once the job has wrapped
- Assist with setting up and onboarding new vendors for payment
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE WOULD LOOK LIKE
- An in depth understanding of all the steps required to successfully manage a bid and production
- Having flexibility with changing priorities and unanticipated shifts in scheduling
- Ability to manage junior team members through clear communication and a positive work environment
- A positive outlook and solution-oriented approach to industry challenges and opportunities
- Acting as the bridge between artists and clients, improving workflow and communication between departments and companies
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with artists, clients, vendors and crew
- A clear understanding for how to utilize all internal production and finance systems including Google Drive, AICP/Hot Budget and BlinkBid/AMA Bid Form
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the Photo/Motion Rep counterparts
- Reducing the timing of invoices delivered to clients
- 95% of advance invoice payments received prior to the start of a shoot
- 80% of final invoice wraps submitted within 2 weeks
- Motivation to develop and implement systems that support the company and improve efficiency
- Annual Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience (Range: $100k - $150k, plus bonus opportunities) yearly, paid in bi-weekly installments by direct deposit.
- Overtime eligibility:
- OT rate after 12 hours on set
- Weekend rate equivalent to 10 hour dayrate
- Healthcare: Apostrophe will pay for 75% of healthcare costs, the remaining 25% is deducted pre-tax from each paycheck.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Option to opt-in up to $2300/year
- Wellness Benefit: $100/month
- 401K Contribution: Once you have been employed at the agency for 12 months, Apostrophe contributes to your 401K plan. The contribution is based on 3% of your annual salary.
- Paid Vacation: 18 days + major holidays and year end break. Sick time: 3 days.
- Regular office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST
- MUST BE BASED IN LOS ANGELES - In office requirement of up to 3x a week, pending production calendar
- The belief that anything is possible with hard work
- Approach to business is warm and friendly
- Team-oriented, enjoy collaboration with and supporting co-workers
- Self-starter, recognize and seize opportunities
- Kind, approachable, coachable, and considerate
- Solution-oriented, take an active approach to solving an issue, inefficiency or dilemma
- Invested in developing and evolving as professionals in our industry
- Acknowledge each other when goals are achieved
- Comfortable with an ever-changing environment and list of priorities
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong understanding of professional norms when it comes to phone and email etiquette
Apostrophe is a Woman and Minority owned artist representation agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles.Throughout our 20 years in this business, we’ve done things differently. At the core we believe in Better Representation – for our individual talent, our clients and for the industry at large.
We represent a phenomenally talented and diverse group of photographers, directors and stylists who work across a variety of established and emerging media. Across their unique styles and perspectives, they are united by their innovation, their creativity, and their passion for this work.
Apostrophe is made up of a multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals, adept at translating our clients’ and artists’ needs and goals into exceptional work, bringing each and every project to a successful outcome. On every project we aim to exceed client expectations throughout the entire experience. We do so by working harder and working smarter. With equal emphasis on Creative and Professional, we bring a progressive, passionate and informed approach to representation.
Apostrophe LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other legally protected characteristics.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org